Monday, January 20, 2014

Templecon charity project: Stormblade Captain (Complete)

As you read this, the Stormblade Capt will be making his way cross country to the waiting hands of the fine folks who are running the Templecon charity project. Hopefully he'll find himself a good home and help support a worthy cause.

For the base I went with the suggestion of flagstone. I used miliput and sculpted out each stone and used a sponge to give texture to the surface. Some of the stone are cracked and to do this look I carved a fine line through the stone and used the sponge to flatten the area giving a more natural look. 

It may not be obvious from the photos but there are eight different shades of color adorning the flagstone. I used several tones of brown and green paint then once that dried I took my pastels (grey, red, purple, blue, yellow, and flesh) to the stones. The pastels gave a translucent shading effect to each area and helped with the overall look.  

Enjoy the photos below and if you have any questions I'll be sure to answer them in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering how it was turning out! The base looks great. Cape looks amazing too!